Monday, June 29, 2009

Last post from GFS!

It's just about that time to pack up the laptop and the rest of my things, so I'll post once more quick before I do...although I'm still not saying exactly when I will be leaving!! I love surprises so much!

What a fantastic weekend I had - first, a relaxing Friday night with my mom, then a wonderful Saturday afternoon with a sister-in-law at the beach in White Rock; then on Sunday mom and I had brunch with my nephew and his wife; after which mom took me back to GFS, and then into Kitsilano, where I met up with a "sister" (theatre friend!) from PG! We enjoyed a sushi supper, then an amazing performance of "The Comedy of Errors" at Bard on the Beach. If you live in Vancouver, or plan to visit, and enjoy Shakespeare, or even if you don't, this is truly worth taking in!! It was so well done, and so funny!

But the weekend ended, and I'm back here for a little while longer...and can't sleep! So my thoughts turn to all the things that I've experienced over the last 5 months, and how so much has changed. I know I'm not the same person as I was before, and I pray that God will continue to change and mold me into the person that He has started making me into, even though I know I have a long way to go until I'm there. Even with all the miracles I've experienced personally and the closeness of His presence in my life, I still find myself putting me first, not Him. Will I ever learn? What else will it take for me to finally get it? My prayer is that as I move back into "normal" life, that I won't forget the lessons that have been part of this whole process. Perhaps those of you who follow this blog regularly will help to keep me accountable!

Thank you all once again so much for all your support, encouragement, prayers and love shown to all of us. We could never have made it through without you or without our marvelous, incredible, awesome Lord!! Back in March, I claimed the verse from 1 Peter 5: 10 - "And the God of grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself make you strong, firm and steadfast."  Ben printed out this verse for me in large letters, and it has been on my wall ever since. This verse has been fulfilled! He has made me strong, firm and steadfast, not only physically, but also emotionally. He's still working on me spiritually! But I close with verse 11 - "To Him be the power (and the glory!) for ever and ever."

I'll write again soon, once I'm home. For now, I'll just leave you hanging, and wondering...!!!! Till soon!

2 comments:

  1. Judy...
    so glad to hear that your "almost" home!
    We'll be away until the end of July, so
    WELCOME HOME!

    keeping you in our prayers
    Anita, Ivon and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! I am so excited you'll be back! You have travelled a long and challenging road, and you're not done yet. But God has obviously been so good to you. Enjoy home. Enjoy family and friends. Enjoy continued healing and strength. And if your ever bored ... here's one already bored teacher who'd love to hear from you!
    Hugs,
    Sherry Breck :)

    ReplyDelete