Friday, May 15, 2009

Sorry!

Wow, time has passed quickly this week! I am so sorry for not having posted sooner. And this will have to be a quick one - I'm on my way out of here shortly to spend the weekend at my mom's again. And even better, Ben and Chris are coming down! So I know I'm going to have another great weekend!

Things are continuing to progress well, and God continues to pour strength into my muscles and veins every day.  I am amazed at His goodness and mercy each new day, and am able to work hard to do what the physiotherapist demands of me. She is trying to get me up on my hands and knees - sounds easy, but when you have limited movement and little strength in your arms, it's pretty difficult! Balance exercises are also a big part of my time, and it is slowly improving. Oh, and minced food is way better than puréed!

I'll try to drop a note over the weekend,  but I won't promise anything! I trust you will all have a safe and blessed long weekend as well.

Judy

4 comments:

  1. Visiting the folks in Kelowna and they were wondering how you were doing. So we read 90% of your blog.

    Mom and Dad were amazed at how your life was spared. I remember Ben telling us they were going to attach your head to your body in the surgery. That really was true.

    Dad may think luck was part of your survival but Your story will have an impact on their life that may be eternal.

    Have a great long weekend. If either of you have a chance send me a quick email at dive.cuda@yahoo.com

    Phone battery is low so bye for now

    With love Joe G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy,
    I just caught up on the last couple weeks of your blog. It is wonderful to see your own words! and hear about your recovery and determination. Praise God! My mom and dad and Ed and I have all been praying for you and your whole family. You are on our minds and in our thoughts often. What an amazing miracle you are! So just keep on going! God Bless you and Keep you.
    Love, Michelle
    PS:you would be happy to know the Lui children are still thoroughly enjoying that awesome trampoline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that they are allowing you out of the hospital for some weekends with your parents. It is hard to believe that your boys are getting that big seems just like yesterday I was having water fights with them in the front yard! Definately praying for you and the whole family during this time. Our whole church is praying for you as well. God Bless!
    Naomi (MacInnes) Fleury and Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy it is fantastic to hear about the progress that you made. To God be the glory! It is also great to see Ben back on the worship team.
    I continue to keep your family in my prayers.
    Love Debbie Stewart

    ReplyDelete