Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just a quick note...

A very thoughtful and generous cousin of mine recently visited me and left me 10 gifts that I could open when I achieved goals that I had to set.  So far I have been able to open 4 of the gifts - the first one for walking around the gym (without too much assistance!) more than 4 times, the second for completing a successful car transfer (which means that I may ride in a car, not just the wheelchair taxi!), the third for being able to take off my TED's (disgustingly tight white tights that are used to prevent blood clots by compression), and the most recent for being able to not wear my collar anymore!!! The x-ray done on Tuesday showed that the surgery site has healed well, so I am no longer required to wear the uncomfortable thing! YEAH! And this weekend I get to go to my Mom's place, which I am very excited about.

I truly have so much to be thankful for, and every day new achievements are being made, if not physically, then sometimes mentally, emotionally or spiritually - and I know that I have so much more learning to do! So thank you for your continued prayers and praise to our great God as our family learns what we need to learn during this time.  We thank God for all of you daily!

In His arms of love,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Judy!!!

    These are terrific achievements. Yeah God :) So much progress! I hope and pray that your "normal" weekend with your mom will be wonderful, relaxed, and full of love and peace.

    Sherry Breck

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to spend Mothers Day with your mom! How blessed she is to have her daughter spend the day with her. I' sure you will laugh and cry and reminisce...

    ReplyDelete