Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Victories!

Hey, Happy Tuesday, everyone! I am very pleased to report that I just returned from this morning's physio session, and my physiotherapist told me that I am no longer required to use my wheelchair, and that I may walk unassisted in the facility here!!! I have been waiting for that for so long, and am so excited! This is a huge victory, and a major step in my rehab! I still have the power wheelchair if I want it for longer outings, or if I'm going outside unassisted. So YAY! She was waiting for me at the elevator with pom-poms in hand, which mom and I had made for her over the weekend - she always said that she would be my biggest cheerleader when I was finally ready to go independent - her way of saying to wait and be patient!

Yesterday was also a special day - my feeding tube was removed! It didn't even hurt much - just pulled a bit, and now I have a hole in my stomach! It will close soon, and then I'll be able to get into the pool for water therapy! More YAY! PTL for answers to prayer, and advances in my recovery!

Last post, I mentioned my new roommate, Claudia. I found out yesterday (it was really a great day!) that she was raised in a Christian home, and that her parents are strong believers! Both her dad and her step-mom took time to thank me and the Lord for putting Claudia in this room! She is really still struggling to accept what has happened. Usually they don't place people in this facility until they are emotionally ready to deal with the pressures of rehab. But she's here, and so I pray that I will be able to help her learn to cope.  She knows that I have been where she is, and has expressed her appreciation for that. I am able to help in ways that others cannot.  So again, I am so grateful to God for letting me be here. I am filled with such joy to know that I am right where He wants me to be! To be in the center of His will makes it so much easier to deal with the day to day requirements of therapy, and the occasional sleepless night due to the shoulder pain that is still there. It all pales in light of the privilege to serve my Lord!

Btw, the weekend with my mom was super again, but I had to go see the dietitian to get back on track with losing more weight! My family feeds me so well! We had such a fantastic Saturday - manicure and pedicure in the morning (strictly therapeutic, mind you!), and then a wonderful lunch with my sister (quiche and a nice light white wine!), and finally the afternoon in the sun on her deck, helping make hanging baskets for her railing (I helped by staying out of the way - I kill plants!). It's so good to be with my family, and sometimes hard to come back here Monday mornings, but it's all worth it in the end!

Keep praying for God to be glorified in all our lives, that I will be sensitive to the urgings of the Holy Spirit in my life, and that I will be a testimony to Claudia and her partner, Craig.  They are really a special couple, and I know that God is already working in their hearts!  I can hardly wait to see what He's going to do next!

With joy,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Judy, It is no nice to hear of your victories! Keep it up :)

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy! I came over to read some good news and all I get it great news! It is so exciting to hear. Look forward to seeing you again.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete