Friday, October 30, 2009

Blessings...

Today I was sent a link to another blogsite, that of a gentleman who had a biking accident in August. He has a C2 fracture, and has just been moved to GF Strong. He is a quad and on a ventilator, but is confident that God is working out His purposes for him. What a faith! I was so challenged as I read his story. Right from the start he was strong and holding onto the strength he found through scripture and prayer. I felt almost chastised as I remembered my weaknesses and doubts. But I know that each of us takes different ways to get to where God wants us to be. I'm just so thankful that my Lord and my God was patient with me and surrounded me with people who encouraged me (especially my precious family!) to keep looking to Him to get us through. And Praise God, He is!! Pray for John as he transitions into life at GFS, that he will find the patience that he will need as they determine his treatment goals, find him his "rhythm", and adapts to life in the ward. There will be so many things that he will need to learn, and my prayer for him is that he will be a testimony to the many others on that ward that have so little hope!
This has been a good week for me - although Ben has been gone, and I haven't slept as well as I would have liked to, but I feel stronger again today. There are so many little challenges to overcome each day, but still the biggest one is to stay in the Word. I was again reminded as I read John's blog of how much I depended on my Lord and Savior in the beginning, because there was no other option. Now that I am again more or less self sufficient, it is so easy to go back to depending on myself. But it is not in my own strength that I can live this life, regardless of how well my body works or doesn't work. It is only through His power and His sustaining grace that I get through each day in a way that will bring Him glory, and that's what I'm here for! Lord, may I never forget that! Thank You for that reminder today!
Find your strength in Him today!! Hang in there! Judy (Ben comes home today!!!!! YAY!)

1 comment:

  1. Judy, your reminder to keep depending on God has meant so much to me these past few days. Don't we all fall into the "I can do it myself!" rut again and again??!! Wow ... and can I ever make a mess of things that way! Thanks for encouraging me to keep being weak so He can be strong. Sherry Breck

    ReplyDelete