Friday, October 23, 2009

A Quiet Week

Not too much new and exciting - had a couple of "down" days this week. Sometimes I still get tired for no reason, but still don't sleep well. I know it's all part of the healing process, but I tend to forget that now and again. So many things feel almost normal, well, more normal than a few months ago anyway! And then my body doesn't want to cooperate. Oh well, so it goes! I'm still WAY thankful for each day, and for so many blessings all around me. I can do what needs to be done, and that's enough for now!

Ben and I are looking forward to having a 2 week holiday in Cuba in the end of November!! We will be going with my sister and her husband, and my brother and his wife. All of our anniversaries are in November (no, that was not planned that way!) and so it will be a great time of relaxing and celebration. Right now, I think Ben needs this even more than I do! The stresses and struggles at work have really been hard on him. He has to be out of town for a week next week, then back home for a week, then away again for a week! Then one more week and we leave! It will be an interesting month! Oh, and for a piece of trivia for you - when Ben got the confirmation that he is going out of town for the 2nd week, it made it that we will have been apart this year more than we've been together! Not the greatest of statistics, but at least we're together!! That's more important than anything! We've made it through this, by the grace of God alone, and we've got a lot more to go!! PTL!!


3 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Love you.

    Kisses! Mwah! : )

    Love Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty Judy. The fact that you have down days and can admit it helps me cope with mine. You are still an inspiration to me. I will continue to thank God for you.

    Lorraine Wiebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time in cuba! you've earned it!
    my sister-in-law and her sisters are also going to cuba...not sure where, but the same time... so keep you eyes open for 4 "northern looking" ladies.:)

    take care
    Anita and Ivon

    ReplyDelete