Thursday, October 8, 2009

I promised!

Well, I said I'd be back before Friday, and I made it! This will be just a quick note to let you all know what's up for this weekend.

Ben and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Grande Prairie, Alberta, to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family. A bonus to the weekend is that Aaron will be joining us! He is coming from Edmonton with his cousin. Chris and Jason will be staying home, but will have company in the form of their special friends :)!  We will celebrate Thanksgiving together as a family later this month, which is not a bad thing - any excuse to have lots of people over and cook (and eat!) really good food is fine with me!

Speaking of which, we had a houseful here last Sunday for Chris' 24th birthday. It was an opportunity for me to try out a new recipe - Paella, a spanish-inspired rice dish with lots of seasonings and seafood. What a blessing to be able to do this! I am finding a lot of pleasure in being able to cook and bake again, with time for rest in between. My sleep schedule is still wonky sometimes, but it is getting better.

May this Thanksgiving weekend be truly meaningful for you and all those who surround you. May you experience the Father's grace, peace and joy in whatever you undertake. May the true Spirit of thankfulness and praise inhabit all that you do, and may your relationship with Jesus become deeper and richer as you ponder what you are truly thankful for.

Blessings! Judy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete