Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PLEASE CONTINUE PRAYING FOR JUDY

Dear Friends:
Judy had a rough day yesterday and today.
She has several medical issues:
1. She is in constant pain. Please pray for release from the pain.
2. She feels alone. I know she needs me, the boys and her friends from
"home" around her at this time. Please pray that she can be transferred here
soon, even if it is only for a short time.
3. There has been some spinal cord damage, affecting her from speech to
movements of almost all parts of the body. To retrain her body will require
months of physio for her. timing and location are still being considered.
4. Her eyesight has been affected. She is seeing double, although the Dr's
expect this to heal over time.
Please continue to pray for her, especially in regard to the first two
concerns. She is starting to realize the damage to the spinal cord and the
impact it may have on her future. This is very difficult for Judy and
myself, as well as the boys.

Approximate time frames as we know them today:
Judy's return to Prince George could be in the next 1 to 2 weeks.
She will need to heal for another 6 weeks or so after she would arrive here.
After this she would be transferred for physio to GF Strong in Vancouver
(likely).

Each of these are approximate as the Dr's have informed us to date. We know
that GOD can improve her healing process, something we all are praying for.
At the same time we are also praying for God's will to be done in each of
our lives (especially Judy) as we are affected by this accident.

I am very much aware of the prayers and other contributions of so many,
because alone we could not walk through this dark and deep valley...

Ben Wiebe

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Ben, Judy and family,
    My prayers are with you all, I am praying that we continue to see awesome improvements in all of you and that God gives Judy strength and patience in comfort, freedom from pain and a speedy and continued healing. May the strength of the support around you continue to pray and encourage your healing. My heart is hurting for you, I pray that we can continue to see and rejoice in God's miracles.
    Thankyou so much for the updates, if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask or call me. Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the positives that have already happened and will continue to happen. Celebrate them. No she won't be the same as she was. In the end she will be better. And I have the honour of calling her my Aunt.

    Philip Braun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Ruth Davis...
    I am wondering if Judy has access to a computer that her students can write to her directly in Edmonton. She doesn't have to reply; just be encouraged by us all. Is this do-able?
    My mom and I are praying for Judy.
    God bless you who are so far away from her.... we will pray that you
    can be able to go back and visit with your wife and mom.
    Lovingly,
    Davis'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben, Judy and Boys
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. Please know you're never far from our thoughts. If you need anything call.

    Ivon,Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy .. you and your family are constantly in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello;

    Many of you may not remember me, but I remember Judy as she so graciously made my grad dress many years ago... i would love for someone to keep me aprised of when she will be transferre to GFStrong, as I work for the hospital. I'm not on the medical side, but work minutes down the road and am at GFS all the time. I'm not sure how much family and friends she has down in Vancouver, but I'd like to help out where I can, so if you can email me at princessdarcys@gmail.com I'd really like to be able to bring things she needs, visit her and be a friendly smile.
    Thanks and best wishes for a continuing recovery to everyone!
    Darcy Canaday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy

    I only just heard about what happened to you. I pray that your pain and suffering will diminish ASAP. I have always respected and admired your abilities as a singer/musician.

    Please keep up the faith and fight to get better. I always remember you to have a strong will and tenacity for life and a loving heart.

    Again, I am sorry this happened to you, and my thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends as well.

    Respectfully

    David Sproule(davidsproule2@yahoo.ca)

    ReplyDelete