Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, 2-Mar-09

The surgery to move the feeding tube was completed this morning. Judy is
back in her room recovering. She is still in quite a bit of pain, but is
relaxing after the surgery.

Her niece Jessica is there with her today. Our son Chris and Judy's brother
Harold were in Edmonton to see her on the week-end.

I am flying to see Judy tomorrow morning. My plan is to stay there until she
is transferred either to Prince George or to Vancouver, depending on a
variety of factors. This will be the first time we can actually talk face to
face since the accident. I did see her twice before Aaron and I were
transferred back here, and we have talked (short conversations) on the phone
several times.

How do you throw up with 8 broken ribs?
Please pray that Judy won't have to as she starts being fed again.

Ben

9 comments:

  1. keeping you all in our prayers.
    say hi to her for us. please tell her that there are over 11243 people praying for you all.
    (check the blog # counter at bottom of the page)

    speedy recovery to all
    Ivon and Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day...

    Michael, Judy, Erin & Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy you are in our thoughts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I may, I wish I might
    hold you very tight and say:
    It's ok, it's alright,
    it is not an endless night.

    Someday the rain will come;
    someday, somehow,
    and when it comes, it washes everything away.
    But we still have to remember that even the darkest cloud has a silver lining.

    **

    I miss you a lot Judy, you are one of my best voice teachers ever! You helped me much more than you even know, and in such a short time.

    I wish you all a quick recovery, you are in my thoughts and prayers every time

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben, in order to avoid Judy's problem with food - she has not eaten in 3 weeks any solid food - her stomach won't be able to digest it. Request a diet change for a few days from the kitchen. Steak & lobster are not ideal, right? Start with a soft boiled egg, oatmeal porridge with smashed peaches (agh!!! not my favorite either), toast with no butter, yogurt, liquid soups up to creamed soups, up to mashed potatoes, cooked veggies - you need to let her stomach adjust to solid food again - Judy will let you know when she is REALLY hungry. It will probably take a few days. Little meals every couple of hours. Love Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue praying for healing for Judy as she recovers. I think and pray for her daily. She is blessed to have so many around her and a great supportive family. Way to go Ben, Aaron, Chris, and sorry forgot the third son. I'm sure she will be happy to see you Ben. Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Judy we have you in our prayers!!! we hope you feel better soon please tell her we say hi and tell her its not the endless night..

    ReplyDelete
  8. feel better soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why it says "&amp" but its the Sarrazin family...

    ReplyDelete