Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm still here!

Well, from the initial lack of response, I just about gave up the blog! But even though there have been very few comments, either here of elsewhere, the few of you who did take time to let me know how much this site has meant to you - thank you! Your words have encouraged and challenged me to keep allowing God to do His work and continue His plan. And for the others who may have thought it but didn't say anything, thank you too! It seems as if this is something that is far greater than just our family here, which we know. It's still a wonder to me that God has chosen to use us and our experiences to be a tool for good! I am so thankful for the fact that I can know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God is definitely in control!! So with that in mind, I will continue to post, even if it's only once a month. I will try to get back here more often, but post I shall!!

We continue to progress, slowly but surely. Ben now has a fancy brace for his leg that is to help support and protect it. Not sure yet if it will help, but it certainly can't hurt - well, not much, anyway!  He continues to go to physio once a month, and is working on becoming more active on the treadmill. Aaron is enjoying being at home, and will be looking for a job until he leaves for Capernwray School in Schladming, Austria in April. His back pains him occasionally, but for the most part, he can cope with the problems as they come. I am trying to get myself to the gym but have had a bad week this past week. Just no ambition or motivation to get anything done, and I wasn't sleeping well again. But I talked to my doctor on Friday and she made some adjustments to my medications. I hope that this will keep things more steady for me.

This coming week is the local music festival, and I hope to be able to attend many of the sessions. Some of my past students are now with other teachers, and there are many others whose progress I have enjoyed watching over the years. It is always a pleasure to listen to the many talented people in this city! So even though I'm not teaching, I enjoy the chance to learn and observe.

In church this morning our pastor spoke about  having clean hands - metaphorically speaking about the need for us to be real, not just acting like Christians. It was an excellent challenge, and a good reminder to get deep and not just pretend. I have a book as well that I never finished reading entitled "Stop acting like a Christian - just BE one!". I think this is a good time to finish reading it! That's my challenge for this week. I hope you find yours!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just to let you know, we're still reading... we just "lurk" a bit.

    Thanks for your updates.

    -D and J Huber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, I'm one of those who seldom comments or even visits your blog but I have your family photo on my desk and remember you often. It is always amazing to me to see how God can use difficult times that would crush people who do not know Him and bring spiritual growth and fervency to those who do. Talk about shining for Jesus! Didn't we have a song by that title? Anyway, thanks for your transparency. You challenge me each time I visit the blog! Love to you all. Marilynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog and hope you will continue. Although I don't check every week, I do enjoy the updates and your words remind me to praise God for all He does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates...I check up once in awhile to see how you all are doing and am glad for the positive note. I hope you all continue healing physically and feel Gods nearness.
    I'll be checking for updates as long as you post them :)

    ReplyDelete