Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two Weeks...

Today it has been two weeks since coming home, and it feels so good! There are still plenty of adjustments to be made, but it seems to be working okay. I go to physio 3 times a week, Ben and Aaron go twice.  Plans are being worked on to have me go to the pool for more therapy, and for continuing to build my strength at a gym.  I have help with the housework, and my guys have been great helping out in the kitchen and with shopping. In general, things are going very well. I even went to practice with our worship team, but unfortunately wasn't able to be at church on Sunday morning. I have good days and bad days, but there are more good than bad. It seems I still need to pace myself and not take on too much at a time, surprise, surprise! That was to be expected, I know, but it is still hard to just relax and let others do what I was used to doing myself. Then there's the occasional night that I have trouble sleeping, which makes for a lousy next day. But all in all things are going fairly well. Being home is so good, and being with my family, friends and church family is so fantastic! Everyone has been so encouraging and supportive, and I am still overwhelmed by the love and support we are still getting. So slowly but surely, we are all adjusting to having me home, and that's the best part!

We wanted to let everyone know that we are planning on an open house on Sunday, July the 26th from 2:00-5:00 here at the house. Everyone is welcome, but please don't bring any gifts! We would just like to see as many people as can come, and share some time with you. Please spread the word, no need to RSVP. We want this to be a time of celebration and fellowship, so come and enjoy!

One of the exciting things that has happened since coming home is that we were contacted by a friend who is a reporter for our local paper. He wants to do a story to let the community know that I'm home again. He did the initial stories when the accident happened, which were really thoughtfully written and presented. We spent almost 2 hours with him on Sunday afternoon, and felt that it went well. We're looking forward to reading the article when it comes out, and will let you know when it does. If I can, I'll post the link here for you all to read.

In the past few months, several times I've been asked if I would put our story into book form. This is not something I have ever thought about doing before, but now am seriously considering. I'm not what I would consider a writer, and I'd need some help, but there is definitely some attraction to the idea. I have time now, and lots of encouragement, so with the advice from a few trained people, I am going to try! Like my reporter friend suggested, at first all I should do is "vomit" words out, and format it later! It's an interesting concept! So if anyone has any further advice, or is interested in helping me in this process, I'd love to hear from you. I am open to any ideas or suggestions!

We are really looking forward to going to Ben's family reunion in Taber, Alberta for the long weekend in August.  If you are in the southern Alberta area and have time for us to drop in and say hi, please let us know. We'll also be heading up toward Edmonton after, to help Aaron find a place to live when he goes to school in fall. Please pray with us as we plan this trip.We will be traveling past the accident site on our way there, which will be an ordeal in itself. We plan to stop and have a time of reflection and prayer, and trust that this will help us to all overcome the emotional trauma that still comes from time to time. Also being in a vehicle for that length of time will be difficult physically for all of us, so we covet your prayers for that as well.

In the meantime, I'll keep on posting here as I can, even though there won't be much that happens from day to day. The healing progress continues, although much slower than before. We are all getting stronger slower but surely, and we thank God and give Him the glory for that. God is so good, and we are continuing to be so thankful for His grace that covers us each day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Judy & Ben & Boys....

    When we, Dave & Martha Friesen, left Prince George 11 years ago, we moved to Abbotsford.(your Auntie Fay & Uncle Will live right across from us).

    It's exactly 7 months since Dave passed away (Dec. 14/08). He has been released/healed from his Alzheimers and I've learned to thank God for that. God took my loving partner of 51 1/2 years! Dave did not want to live with such a debilitating disease - God answered his prayer!

    Judy, Ben & Boys, I've been praying for you almost daily since that tragic accident. So good to read you are now home, Judy, that God is blessing you and that you have lots to look forward to - maybe even write a book that would point to the miraculous God you love and have served so many years. I'd love to hear you sing again, Judy, but P.G. is much too far away.

    Love & Prayers for continued full recovery for all who were injured, for comfort for those who lost loved ones in the accident,
    Martha Friesen

    ReplyDelete