Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Six months later...

Well, it's time to check in again, and let you know where things are at. We are continually learning how to adapt to all things "new". Monday was another difficult day, as we had to put our dog, Ginger, down. We've had her for almost 15 years, and she just simply got too old to carry on. She fell a few times on Sunday, and hadn't eaten for 5 days. We are leaving tomorrow for 10 days, and didn't feel it would be right for Jason to have to deal with that during that time. It was hard to do, but we were all together, and actually had a neat time together as a family, sharing memories and thankful for the good times with our special, loyal friend.

Which brings me to the next thing - we have a prayer request for tomorrow. On Wednesday, we (Ben, Aaron and I) will be heading out for the Wiebe family reunion in southern Alberta. In order to get there, we will be traveling the same road that we took almost 6 months ago when we had the accident. Please pray that we will have peace and healing as we take time to stop and consider where we've come from and what we've been through. It will be a tough day, but one that needs to happen. We covet your prayers for not only our safety for travel, but also for mental and emotional healing. Thank you so much in advance!!  I'll keep you informed if I can, as I plan on taking our laptop along.

It will be so wonderful to be with Ben's family for the weekend, and to enjoy their fellowship! This will be the first family reunion without Ben's parents, so that will also be somewhat difficult. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone, though, and having some time to relax and unwind.

Thank you again for keeping up with us! We treasure each of you dearly and cherish your prayers. God is still working great things, and we know each day that it is a gift from Him!! Give Him glory!

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Ben, Judy and family, my heart hurts for you, I wonder have you not had enough on your plate without loosing a family member? Ginger was such a beautiful dog.... I want to share this with you, thru the many girls I have lost I find comfort in this... RIP Ginger,

    The Rainbow Bridge
    There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth, It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
    When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. Those old and frail animals are young again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other. But there is one thing missing. They are not with thier special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play... until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are staring and this one suddenly runs from the group.
    You have been spotted and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. Caress the beloved head and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be seperated.

    I hope this helps you find comfort, I wanted to share this with you all it is very special to me.

    My prayers are with you as you travel the highway well traveled, knowing you are going thru a very difficult section, my heart tells me you are there already, Lord give you peace, comfort and healing at this difficult time. I pray he continues to protect you all as well as the family of the young gals. Amen

    Judy, I want to share this with you, when I walked into your house on Sunday, I truly heard an Angel singing.... you about sent me to my knees in Thanksgiving.... Praise the Lord Almighty that we continue to be so blessed by you, your family, your gifts, as well as the gifts of your family, I am so thankful that you all are part of my life. Thankyou Lord, Tammie

    ReplyDelete