Saturday, April 24, 2010

A change in plans...

Friday morning Aaron and I flew down to Vancouver and I went to the pre-admission clinic at VGH for an appointment. While there, the anesthesiologist asked about my status as carrier of hemophilia, which led to some phone calls. The outcome is that my surgery on Monday is canceled. Instead I will be having an appointment with a hemotologist, getting looked over for what needs to be done prior to having surgery to treat my condition. So no surgery...for now. I'm disappointed, but for whatever reason this is the way that it is, and I will look for the plans the Lord has through this. At any rate, I will enjoy a good weekend with my family!

Friday evening we went back to the airport and dropped Aaron off - he is on his way to Schladming, Austria for 9 weeks at the Capernwray School. There he will be studying the Bible and taking discipleship classes. It will be a time of learning and growing, and we pray that he will do well with his health. We covet your prayers on his behalf for this.

I have to think of the verse that says that His ways are not our ways, and accept that. Why things happen the way they do is beyond me, but through the frustration I know God can make good result from it. So we carry on!

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and yours Judy, I think of you often, you are an inspiration to me. I pray to have a bit of strength like you do, you are amazing! Keep on track, one thing at a time. My challenges seem so big to me, compaired to yours they should be so small, your strength and will is so amazing... Hugs, Tammie

    ReplyDelete