Sunday, December 20, 2009

Almost Christmastime!

Hey, friends and family! Sorry I let the Friday deadline come and go this week - with Aaron coming home, and in all the excitement for Christmas, it kinda slipped away! But what a weekend we've had already! It's so good to have all the boys home, and Chris and Jason's girlfriends as well. The tree is finally decorated, the new stockings are almost finished, and now we just need to plan and shop for the food! Our celebrations always include lots of good food - at least we think it's good!

It's been an interesting Christmas season. Usually this time of year I am very busy with concerts, recitals, programs, parties and so on. But this year there has been very little of that, and it's been good. There has been time to do things with my kids and husband, time to read and have coffee, time to sleep (!!) and just relax. Yes, we're still busy, but not hectically so. It's somewhat a forced quiet Christmas, but we're really appreciating it for what it's truly worth.

Today we enjoyed attending a performance of the Nutcracker, which was truly beautiful. I keep waiting for the time when I'll feel resentful or frustrated that I can't participate in productions like that any more, but it hasn't come!! I'm so thankful for what I do have, and for the many other things that I can do, that the other stuff just doesn't matter - honestly! I so enjoyed playing keyboards in church for the worship team again this morning - that is something that I find so fulfilling, and have great joy in serving that way, that I don't miss being able to sing. But I'm still working at it!

So as you all go into this week before the big day, may you also find peace, joy, love and a lot of good times with family and friends. And if you can't find it where you are, let me know when you'll be arriving here!!!

Much love, and Merry Christmas! May Jesus be the Reason for your Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment