Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A reminder

It's early (6:30)  and I can't sleep (been up 2 hours already!). Life still hasn't worked out all its problems yet, and I guess that I still have a ways to go, but oh well, it's a good morning to communicate!

We are still receiving so much encouragement and support, for which we are still very thankful, but we are realizing that people are moving on. Others are out there who are also in great need, and one can only give so much for so long to so many. I read recently about a family who was in a car crash, and only the wife survived. Her husband and young daughter were killed instantly when their van crossed into the path of a semi.They were missionaries on furlough. We pray for this woman, and the extended family, as we also keep praying for the family of the girls that were killed in January. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't think of and pray for the loss this family has endured. At our family reunion I learned that this same family lost 2 other siblings, cousins to these girls, also in an accident. This is incomprehensible to me, and my heart grieves and aches for this whole family, and for the many others that experience tragic loss in this way. I can only imagine their pain. We pray that God will continue to uphold them, comfort them, and surround them with people to carry them in the days and years ahead.

Sunday at church friends of ours were there to witness the baptism that morning. These friends from way back are a great couple, and the husband, Marty is truly a special guy. Marty has spent the past 18 years in a wheelchair also as the result of an accident.  He  has such a great attitude, laugh and the coolest tattoo you've ever seen! As we talked, again my thoughts went to the question, not "Why, Lord?", but "Why
not, Lord?" Why was I spared? Why were we all spared? For what purpose was I allowed to learn to walk again? What is it that I am now meant to do? I wonder and pray that as I seek to adapt in this 'new normal', if I will ever be able to understand what I am to learn, or if I will find my 'new purpose'. It was a very good reminder to not slip back into complacency, or just go along with the routine of physio and other therapy, healing the physical but forgetting the spiritual. I'm so glad that my Lord and Saviour doesn't set projects aside!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment